Jenoptik Acquires TRIOPTICS

FPC Member company Jenoptik has acquired 75% of the Hamburg, Germany based optics specialist TRIOPTICS. Jenoptik will take over the remaining 25% of shares from the owners after fulfilling defined success criteria on December 31, 2021. Jenoptik plans to establish TRIOPTICS’s business within the Light & Optics Division as a fourth, new strategic business unit.

 “Due to its high profitability and strong free cash flow generation, TRIOPTICS will contribute significantly to Jenoptik’s earnings already in the current fiscal year with the initial consolidation starting on the day of closing. Substantial synergies are expected not only from the expanded technological know-how, but also from the expansion of leading market positions and the intensified cooperation with important global Tier 1 companies. The complementary portfolios will allow to offer a broader range of measuring systems, as well as production facilities for sensor solutions and optical microcomponents, which over the long term might be reflected in economies of scale and thus revenue synergies worth more than 50 million euros.” — Stefan Traeger, Jenoptik President & CEO:

Jenoptik is a globally operating technology group, which is active in the three photonics-based divisions Light & Optics, Light & Production and Light & Safety as well as with VINCORION for mechatronics solutions. TRIOPTICS a leading international supplier of test equipment and manufacturing systems for optical components and sensors in the digital world.

Read More: https://www.jenoptik.com/press/pressreleases/2020/09/24/successful-closing-of-trioptics

Be sure to join our LinkedIn Group